Are you a fan of Indian cuisine and looking for an authentic Indian chicken curry recipe? Look no further as we present to you a mouth-watering chicken curry recipe that is easy to make and tastes heavenly. This Indian chicken curry recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy the traditional flavors of India without having to leave the comfort of their own home. So, let’s get started!
Ingredients for Indian Chicken Curry
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s have a look at the ingredients required to make Indian chicken curry:
- 1 kg of boneless chicken
- 3-4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 large onions
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tsp of garlic paste
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Steps to Make Indian Chicken Curry
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s begin with the step-by-step process of making Indian chicken curry:
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
- Take a bowl and add the boneless chicken pieces to it.
- Add 1 tsp of red chili powder, 1 tsp of turmeric powder, and salt as per taste.
- Mix the ingredients well and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare the Onion Paste
- Cut the onions into small pieces and put them in a blender.
- Add 2-3 green chilies to it and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
Step 3: Cook the Chicken
- Heat 3-4 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan.
- Add 1 tsp of ginger paste and 1 tsp of garlic paste to it and sauté for a minute.
- Add the onion paste to the pan and sauté for 5-6 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Add 2-3 ripe tomatoes and cook until they become soft.
- Add 1 tsp of red chili powder, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, and salt as per taste.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan and mix well.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on medium flame or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add 1 tsp of garam masala powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
- Serve hot with steamed rice, naan, or roti.
- Enjoy the authentic flavors of India in the comfort of your own home.
Tips and Tricks
- You can adjust the amount of spices as per your taste preferences.
- If you want a creamier texture, you can add some heavy cream towards the end.
- Make sure to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to get the best flavor.
- You can also add some potatoes or green peas to the curry for a different taste.
In conclusion, the Indian chicken curry recipe is an easy-to-make and flavorful dish that will leave you wanting more. With its authentic blend of spices and rich taste, it is the perfect choice for a satisfying meal. So why not try it out today and indulge in the amazing flavors of India.
- Is it necessary to marinate the chicken before cooking?
- Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
- Yes, you can use bone-in chicken, but the cooking time may vary.
- Can I use coconut milk instead of heavy cream?
- Yes, you can use coconut milk as a substitute for heavy cream.
- How can I make the curry less spicy?
- You can reduce the amount of red chili powder or skip the green chilies altogether to make the curry less spicy.
- Can I use pre-made curry powder instead of individual spices?
- Yes, you can use pre-made curry powder, but the taste may not be as authentic as using individual spices.
So, there you have it, the recipe for an authentic Indian chicken curry that is easy to make and delicious to eat. Try it out and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. And remember to adjust the spices and ingredients to your liking to make it a perfect meal.